Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August 5, 2014 Pupdate

As I wrote the entry last night, Turtle was circling the edge of the pool like her namesake sister does in the real pool.  T2J is tall enough to just go over if he chooses so I set up phase 2 aftre I did some cuddling.  It will take some tweaking, it always does as I like it big enough but too big and that constantly changes as they grow.

               Then we held a weight watchers meeting as I put them in the newly rebuilt area.  They are indeed growing like weeds.  4 out of 5 puppies weighed 2.6 or 2.8 lbs depending on what the scale felt like reading and T2J weighed in at 3.2lbs.  We have about 14 lbs of puppy goodness now.

               They seem to like their expanded digs.  They have already been at the edges and Chipmunk has slept with her feet through the spaces in the ex pen.  Turtle wedged herself in the corner with her head propped up.  I think they’d like tin cups to rattle against the bars.  Doodlebug  seems happy with the new arrangement.  She spends a lot of time in with them and some time lying right outside.  She has gotten up on the couches a little but as soon as anyone makes a peep, she’s checking in.  Sometimes she just puts her head over the ferret size ex pen (why they call it ferret sized I don’t know.  I cannot imagine anything containing a ferret much less this short little ex pen but I digress) and checks in, sometimes she gets in with them.

               TJJ actually managed to nurse a little while the Mama stood up today.  She was busy giving baths and he apparently needed topping off.  It didn’t last long but it’s not like he’s been missing many meals anyway.  And Kodiak actually stood up and walked a few purposeful steps.  Generally they just army crawl or lunge around but they can do it quickly.

               Tootsie tried to nurse on my ear today.  She nuzzled a little and then apparently thought she’d give it a try.  She didn’t keep trying or fuss when it didn’t work but her Mama came by before long and I let her go have a real meal.  They eat a lot and so does the MamaBug right now.  I guess that’s how they keep growing and growing… 

               Puppy kisses to all.  I need to take a nap before last call and nighty, nighty, nighty time.

No comments:

Post a Comment