Friday, August 15, 2014

August 14, 2014 Pupdate

               Eating and growing and napping seemed to be on the agenda again today.  They are very good at accomplishing their To Do list, too.  They threw in a little playing today as well. I put some toys in with them but they don’t do much with them yet.  They do have to climb over or go around them but I’m not sure that is all that different than another puppy.  I put in the vetch piano toy that their Mama’s Sire sent when she and her littermates were itty bitty.  I turned it on and put it in while they were napping and they stirred a little bit (it makes a lot of noise the first time you turn it on) but didn’t wake up.

               The little ones recognize my voice now, even when they can’t see me.  I came back into the room from the kitchen and they were playing as they do but when I was going out to feed the fish, I said something to the MSU.  He said they stopped playing and started heading to the edge of the pen looking for me.  They were even checking in the right direction so I guess their little ears are starting to work.

               T2J cut all 4 canine teeth this morning.  I guess chewing on other puppies’ appendages helped them through.  I can feel them just beneath the surface on the others just like I could his this morning so it won’t be long now.  Poor Doodlebug, but she doesn’t seem to mind anything puppies do to her.  She’s a tough bitch, you can hurt her feelings but she doesn’t acknowledge physical pain (not that we try to hurt her but she pulled her WHOLE toenail off once and we didn’t know until 11 that night when she told her brother Indy not to sniff it.  And with the last litter, I’d find puppies trying to nurse on her incision from the c-section and she didn’t seem to care) which helps make her a good mother, I guess.

               I made the puppy formula and got the feeding saucers ready.  I guess I could go ahead and put the saucer dishes in the pen so they have another place to nap.  Puppies always end up sleeping in the food or water dishes when they get a chance.  It won’t be long before they start eating puppy mush.  I think I’ll wait for someone to be around to videotape it.  They are always pretty funny when they have their first feeding frenzy.  I’ll try to post the link when they do.

               Puppy breath to all…

No comments:

Post a Comment