Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 27, 2014 Pupdate

August 27, 2014 Pupdate

               Good morning, good morning the little (and big) dogs said.  Before they were supposed to get up, too.  I actually turned the sound on the monitor way down and tried to sleep through SammieDoodlebug’s talking to me.  It didn’t work but I still waited for daylight and the alarm since I knew she wasn’t starving and the pupsters were just making playing noises.  She still feeds them a plenty, I am just supplementing them at this point.  She is also still cleaning up after them which is really nice.  The pad on the potty area gets wet but she cleans up the poo right away.  I like that the puppies are careful to go over there to potty, too.  We had a poop outside on the deck yesterday but we haven’t introduced going out into the yard yet.  SDB cleaned that one up, too and then I washed the spot.

               I took them out on the deck again this morning.  After a few minutes I realized I needed to be taking notes.  We went out about 10 am.  The sun isn’t really over the trees on the hillside on the deck yet then (it’s a holler after all) so even though it is plenty warm, there is still dew all over everything.  The pupsters were moist from the dew and they were WIDE awake.  Wild might also be an apt description ;-)  Here’s the note I emailed myself from iffen (for anyone new, iffen is my iPhone.  That is how JAWS, the screenreader on my laptop, pronounces it so that is it’s name.  As you may have noticed from all of the names my dogs have, I have a tendency to name things)

Chipmunk was spitfire this am.  She went over seesaw and off of deck into rocks but not all of the way into the grass

Tjj found a tennis ball and carried it several times

Turtle knows doors- laundry room and into playhouse

Tootsie pup likes to run back and  forth - FAST

Kodiak tried to get onto the turtle sandbox, he wants to see whatever is UP (trying to look through windows in playhouse).  Kept trying to go through holes on slide (it’s on its side and he doesn’t fit through those holes) Then he found the ball and rolled it along biting it until TJJ  came after it/him

 

They make a fair amount of noise while they play, explore, etc.  very vocal little ones

The tractor startled them as it went up driveway (right beside deck) but not when it came back down.

          Turtle slept first in playhouse didn’t wake up for tractor Pink went to sleep under stool (closest to fence) but tractor startled her and she came under my chair Tootsie under grill Kodiak in picnic table Tjj still looking for trouble. Tootsie got hot (sun hits there first) and came to lay flat on tummy in shade.

          Tjj picked up ball and took into playhouse, carried it 8ft, (I paced it off) and went to sleep

 

The sun was starting to hit the deck and heat things up so I carried the sleeping puppies back inside about 11:30.  They were pretty well sacked out.  They sort of woke up when we company came around 1:15 but it was more from the barking (Jack was barking a greeting and asking that his toy be thrown and other things that Jack feels the need to communicate audibly.) They also didn’t have any intention of staying awake for any length of time.  We tried taking them outside again when there was some shade from the house but it was still pretty warm and although they were cool enough because I wet everything down, they were more interested in sleeping than playing and the humans were more comfortable in the a/c so we came back inside.  My, that was quite a run on sentence; my poor screenreader will be out of breath ;-)  They did try to play with/attack/avoid the hose since the sprayer was making a little noise before they went to sleep though.

               I took advantage of having a Villager here and took the dogs to the pond.  Even Doodlebug went and she seemed to enjoy her first outing but she was ready to come back to the babies earlier than she normally would stop.  She had to wait for her shower but even though she came flying back inside afterward, she didn’t get in with them right away. 

              

I covered the bottom of the storm door so nobody runs into it.  I’m sure it looks jakey since I just put a couple of pieces of parchment paper up with painters tape but none of them ran into it today so it’s fine for now.  The deck full of play equipment and wet blankets for shade/cooling can’t look great either but it’s good for the pupsters.  Hopefully, google earth isn’t taking pictures right now ;-)

               We have lots of company slated for tomorrow so I need to go get some things ready before it’s feeding time or cuddle time again.  Puppy breath to all…

No comments:

Post a Comment