Friday, May 4, 2018

5/4/18 7 Weeks Old!


I can’t believe that the babies are 7 weeks old!  (I also can’t believe my nephew is being graduated with his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees today.)
The pupsters have had a semi quiet afternoon since they received a vaccination this morning.  They seem to be completely back to normal now though.  
They also had their microhips inserted.  They stood on the grooming table like the good little dogs they are.  I helped steady them and Aunt Cindi was on squirty cheese duty.
Yesterday, they found a breach in our defenses.  Two separate times,  a puppy was outside the fence in the back.  Last night when it happened, Daddy and Carol moved some of the larger rocks to the position where it appeared to have gone through.  This morning, a puppy appeared outside of the fence when Aunt Cindi was on puppy watch.  I was going to call my sister because she took pictures where they were trying to get out last time (after we shored up the defenses) to see what I needed to do but the MSU remembered that for a short period of time, they can squeeze their little cartilage bones through the space between the gate and the wall and a pool noodle should stop that.  I fixed one into place, I wonder how long it will be before they are biting chunks out of it and how long we will be finding bitten off pieces of said noodle later ;-)
This evening while I was spraying the debris off of the deck/letting puppies play in the hose spray and Daddy called out to me from the rubber room.  I assumed he was just telling me he was back with dinner but he had a puppy in his arms.  One of the puppies was inside with Caly but I was certain all 9 had been around the food dishes for dinner.  As I was carrying the others back inside (they were wet and I didn’t want all of them running across the floor), here came that puppy bursting through the dog door just as proud of his little dog self as he could be.
They’ve been doing all kinds of cute things in the pen tonight.  It sounds like they are playing a video game with all of the wallowing all over the buttons that make noises and light up.  I think they are hitting it while they roll around in the cat tunnel.  It amazes me how some of them can sleep through it but none of them really pay attention to any of them.
They nearly killed the singing, animated reindeer last night so I took it back out of the pen again. It may be done for this litter if I want to use it again for another litter later.
We’re going to go outside in the dark for last call tonight as a group.  Too many of them protested my desire for them to use the potty pen last night.
Group crate sleeping is going well thus far.  It’s almost time to up the ante again. Nighty Nighty Nighty. Puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment