Wednesday, May 23, 2018

05/22/18 Pupdate

I was too busy today to keep good notes so I’m going to have to go from memory.  Another good night in the crating game here.  I’m afraid I’ll jinx it by typing it but it seems to be going well for the puppies who have gone on to their new homes, too.
We had rain this morning so there was a lot of in and out (and some of it was when I forgot to block off the dog door before I took the puppies outside).  The Mater Gator and Nanny McPhoebe were wound up as well.  With all of the wet paws coming and going, it was rather difficult to keep the rubber room clean.  Eventually, I gave up and we decided just to have a fun day.
One of the puppies is going to fly to her new home so we got the sherpa bag back out and practiced going in and lying down for treats.  I never trust the strap so I still carry them from the bottom, too.  She seems to like that game as much as all of the others.
The Aunts (Cindi and LeAnne) came around noon.  We did some more in and out with the puppies until Kolache’s new humama and PWD sister arrived.  Louise is already on the visitor list so they didn’t get to add a new name today.  But they did (eventually) get to go to the pond again today.
The humans took the big girls first and they practiced some actual water work.  Then it stormed a little and they were hungry and thirsty so they came back down to the house to wait it out.  Eventually, Aunt LeAnne called the weather cleared, at least temporarily so we took the pupsters to the pond.  We played with them in groups of 2 and crated the remaining 4 each time.  They protested not being the one taking the turn some and enjoyed having the turn as well.  Each puppy got to play in the sand, water and take a couple of little boat rides.  It was sunny and warmer so it was pretty pleasant - even if I was wet and covered in sand.  It was noticed that I was willing to sit in the wet sand for puppies and it was unlikely I would do that otherwise.  (And I wouldn’t, I do a lot of things for the dogs that I wouldn’t normally do). We mostly managed to keep them off of the dock - we DID manage to keep them from falling off of the dock ;-)
We brought them back to the house on their little legs and into the back gate.  I’m afraid now that they know the route we go out to ‘walk’ is on the way to the pond, it might be more difficult to keep them with me.  They have pretty good recalls, I’ll just have to make sure I have a good reward. It took quite a while for them to settle down after the outing but eventually they tired out and we came back inside for a while.  They played together with chewies and napped most of the rest of the evening.  They are all asleep and I should be so I’m going to do last call and say Nighty,Nighty, Nighty.  Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment