Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18, 2014 Pupdate

               Puppies made it through the night just fine again.  They were pretty good about going into the crates – probably because I put their bedtime snack in them.  I already had their baby blankies in there so I had to try to get puppies to go into specific crates.  Tonight, I will be smart enough to put the blankies in AFTER the puppies and then it won’t matter.  The girls are each in their own small crates, the boys are sleeping divided in the larger one but two of the girls are leaving Sunday (waaahhhh!!! I’m not ready!) so the remaining 3 will sleep in the smaller crates as they leave one by one.  Have I mentioned that I am NOT ready for them to leave?  I’m not but I never am.

               Older sibling Mila (one of the ones who just turned 2) won 3rd place in Open Bitch at the PWDCA National Specialty today.  We are proud of Miss MilaMoo for being a happy showgirl.

               I had to Fort Knox the gate in front of the door on the deck again today as they had figured out how to move it out far enough to squish through to come inside.  Smart little monsters and Oh So Cute when they come traipsing happily in to see what’s going on.  I’ve been carrying one, having one follow (of course I am varying WHICH one) as I take them outside/bring them inside and they are all pretty good at it as long as they don’t become too distracted by a big dog.  Even if they do, they come when I call so they are learning.

               They played with their new baby bumper some today but not up in the pond.  I’m hoping to take them up for a little swim tomorrow if the weather is as nice as predicted.  It’ll probably be the last chance I have to take all of them.  Saturday we are having evaluations and Sunday they start leaving.  I also have to print their puppy books soon.  The printer is not cooperating with my computer so I may have to find the cable and do it in there.  Kind of defeats the point of having a wireless printer though ;-(

               They had a big time with the food bowl that was turned upside down.  Pawing and nosing and pushing it around trying to get it turned right (I think, they may have just been playing inscrutable puppy games.)  At any rate, it was amusing to them and to me. 

               I have been feeding them all together but also putting down the bowl I mix the food in to let each puppy eat alone.  I have met puppies who thought they could only eat in a bowl with another dog and I don’t want them to feel that way when they leave.  I may get out the little bowls and feed them individually in crates tomorrow just to make certain.

               They are sacked out in the pen again.  It is getting close to time for nighty, nighty, nighty in their crates.  Puppy breath dreams to all…

No comments:

Post a Comment