Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sept 4, 2014 Pupdate

We got a little off schedule yesterday so I took advantage of that in the night and this morning.  I heard them stir a little at 5 so I came down and gave them a little snack of goat milk.  Then I went back to bed and they went back to sleep.  They didn’t get back up until after 7:30  and broad daylight (although it seemed a little overcast this morning.)  I fed them breakfast outside and they played and pottied and then took a little nap in the castle sandbox.  They were awake again for their bigger play session and napping again before the sun came over the ridge and made it uncomfortably humid.  I was still working on their expanded area when I wasn’t comfortable keeping them out there so I put them in the crate and let them watch.  4 out of the 5 went back to sleep.  One of the brown ones squalled (I did not check to see which one) for a while so I sang the three songs while I worked.  The new area is 4 ft by 8 ft bigger than before and includes a crate.  I switched out the toys and put those in the washer, somehow they got goat milk and food on them ;-).    For now, the end doors of the crate are fastened open but before long, I will start closing them into the crate and potty area at night.  Then it’ll just be in the crate and then it’ll be separate crates.  My babies are growing up way too fast.

               They played in the new area and promptly exposed my failings.  I hadn’t put the pvc along the ex pen to keep the sides from folding at the joints so they pushed it over and were chewing up the plastic that extends beyond the rubber.  I remedied the situation and so far, so good.

               They had dinner outside and it promptly began to rain, lightly at first but it eventually rained pretty heavily.  I got an umbrella but the puppies went about their business playing and wrestling in the rain.  When they were ready for naptime, I persuaded them to go into the playhouse.  T2J was going to lie out by the bushes but I convinced him to go back into the playhouse.  When it let up, I called them into the house.  I made Jack and Jill get on the couch and stay while I brought them inside.  That helped some but the MamaDog was determined to lick them dry so I had to call her into the pen and they followed.

               When they took their evening siesta, they were in the crate together.  I guess if they outgrow it, I’ll put the huge one in there.  Colleen can camp in that one so it has to be big enough for 5 puppies.  We are going to do some evening things and then go nighty nighty nighty… Puppy breath to you all and to all a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment