Friday, September 12, 2014

Sept 12, 2014 Pupdate

               Well, sleeping in crates started off really well.  And then I coughed and woke them up and some of them WERE. NOT. HAPPY.  SO I sang the songs and petted through crates and soothed them and let opened the doors.  Some of them stayed in, some of them came out and when they went back to sleep I put them back in.  I opened the doors again before time to wake up.

               And they must have rested well because they were WILD this morning.  Turtle has absolutely no hesitation about using the dog door to come back inside when she so desired.  I have resorted to attempting to block it off but they are pretty persistent.  They will cross a downed baby gate.  Actually, they will use a downed baby gate as play equipment. 

               After I carried Turtle back outside twice.  And brought her back inside the fence after she went wriggled herself out through the little gap by the back gate - they pulled down the crate divider panel I put there, I have since fastened it on so now none of us can use that gate without undoing it ;-).  After those things, I carried their linens into the laundry room and they came flying in with me.  They proceeded to absolutely run amok.  They discovered the toy stash and helped themselves.  They snatched full shampoo bottles and carried them around until I could get them back (apparently with soft mouths since they didn’t puncture any.)  They also snagged Jack’s old life jacket, a swimsuit, and wriggled into the closet to get to the skateboard (apparently they liked it the other day) but could only spin the wheels, and various other items.  The BIG winner was the cardboard that was in a package of pillowcases.  As I was playing grab and put away, I also exposed them to the flushing of the toilet (interesting but maybe only because I was in there) and the washing machine.  I also came across the squirty cheese container so we tried that out.  They caught right on to the goodness that is squirty cheese.  MMmmm!

               Eventually, they went back outside to play a little and then had a happy nappy.  When they woke up, they were wild again.  SDB wanted to come out the dog door so I had to move the barrier which meant that some of the puppies felt inclined to come IN the dog door.  At that point, I just opened the door and called them into the pen.  It is especially effective when I use the food bowl.  That means I have to have food ready for the bowl since I don’t want to ruin the ‘recall’. 

               They had a lot more time outside including chicken wing time.  They managed to consume some of it but there was a lot of trading around in addition to stealing. Some of them prefer to eat with another, some of them prefer to eat alone. 

I put the cat tunnel in the ex pen with them and they’ve been crinkling it to no end.  I won’t be putting that in a crate with anyone tonight. I’m going to take them out to play and then give them nighty, nighty bites and hopefully, not wake them up after they are in the crates tonight.  Nighty, nighty, nighty to all…

No comments:

Post a Comment