Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 15, 2014 Pupdate

               Have I mentioned that I like these puppies?  It bears repeating (over and over again.)  I did nighty, nighty, nighty about 11:30 last night and put them in separate crates near each other in the rubber room.  At some time in the night, one of them was fussing so I came down to check.  It wasn’t frantic “I need to go out” fussing so I sang the three songs again and she settled back down.  I came down a little after 7 and took each one out of their crate and outside and we made it outside with no potty accidents at all.  They did promptly do both outside.  Good puppies!

               I fed them breakfast and let them run around a few minutes and then brought them back inside since it was raining a little.  They settled down and had a happy nappy so I went back to bed, too.  I got to sleep for almost another hour!  Another reason to love these puppies.

               They have a definite predilection for after dinner mint. They also enjoy it after breakfast and lunch or just as a snack with a little dirt ;-)  It makes them smell interesting but I kind of like the smell of dirt and mint although I wouldn’t have thought to mix them with puppy breath.  Maybe there’ll be a market for that scent.

               They had a rousing game of musical turkey necks this afternoon while the big dogs looked on, there was a partial left when the MamaBug went out to feed them but she didn’t eat it.  Eventually, I think Jack did after the puppies came inside (via the dog door I had unblocked for him to go out to potty.)  They all come in the dog door if it isn’t blocked off.  Turtle and Chipmunk came in to help me run the vacuum yesterday (I guess carrying a puppy while I run the sweeper does help them not to mind it) and their mother played bitey mouth on the floor with them.  It is really cute when she plays like that with them.

               The MSU was weedeating today and not only was he in quite the carb – overalls, wide brimmed hat, ear protection and dark safety glasses – he had a weedeater going.  They still all ran over to the fence to see him.  Turtle and T2J moved back away after they greeted him and watched (not sure if they minded the sound or just like to keep a good view) but when he called each of them by their ‘name’ the right one responded.  Guess they have been listening ;-)  Everyone still answers to Pup, Pup, too.

               I redid the pen (higher ex pen and removed the smaller crates) and set the crates up by the door in the pool room so we’ll see how that goes tonight.  The big dogs won’t be in the same room as them but they will be together – side by side anyway.  And I’ll stay with them until they settle down.  Can you tell I am worrying about this?  I think I always worry about it and then it always goes fine but worrying is what I do.  They will have a straight shot out in the am and I won’t have to make them wait while I carry each one across the room.  I do think I’ll need to block off the rest of the pool room when I start letting them come in under their own steam.  I may take a few tries to just get one puppy per crate, too.  It’s all part of the fun.

               They heard more gunshots today.  I guess people are squirrel hunting but they may just be target shooting.  At any rate, it doesn’t bother the puppies.

               It seems like more happened today but we must’ve been too busy enjoying it to remember to report on it so we’ll go get ready to go nighty, nighty, nighty.  They usually have a last short burst of energy right before they sack out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment