Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014 Pupdate

Well bedtime went much better than I planned last night.  I started it a little early so they’d have time to play and potty and wear themselves down before regular last call time.  They were getting sleepy so I cuddled each puppy and crated it (we did 1, 2, and 2 last night).  Then I did the 3 songs and laid myself away as my MeeMaw would quote someone else as saying.  I checked the time and it was 11:10pm.  I did NOT get them back up then, we just all went to sleep and got up a little earlier this morning.

               It was cooler again today but it didn’t rain during the day (it rained during the night because everything was wet) so the puppies got to play outside a lot.  They had to come back inside for a few minutes Colleen and I went to get the ex pens for puppy class out of the building.  She carried two and I carried two and we little Little Hoss walk. He stayed right under foot the whole way.

               They played outside while Armada got his butt shaved.  He was going to the company picnic so he needed sprucing up a little.  Then I gave him a bath and conditioned his hair while the puppies tried to eat Colleen’s shoe laces.  She eventually gave up and removed her shoes.  I had been saving their toenails (perhaps I should rephrase that, I’m not saving toenails that I’ve removed.  I just let their nails get longer) so that we could dremel them.  We started with what we thought were sleepy puppies and I held them and gave them some cheese while Colleen did their nails.  We didn’t have trouble with the puppy we were doing, it was the 3 others (Tootsie WAS actually a sleepy puppy) trying to get into my lap with the one I was doing that made it difficult.  We didn’t take them down as short as we would regularly but we did grind some off of each nail.

               They’ve been wild puppies several times today but had some nice big naps as well.  And a few nice cuddles, too.  They can be very sweet when they remember NOT to put those teeth together in my skin ;-)  I’m going to do some cuddling before it’s time for everyone to do nighty nighty nighty again…

No comments:

Post a Comment