Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sept 10, 2014 Pupdate

               Another big day for the pupsters.  We played outside a LOT.  I added some new metal items to the apparatus which they seemed to enjoy.  They played in and out of the wading pool with various amounts of water in it.  (They aren’t patient enough to wait for me to fill it completely before they get into it.)  For their lunch, I put the bowl in the pool but that was NOT a great plan.  It sank and the poor ‘tarving (just ask them – well if it’s raw, they aren’t so excited when it’s kibble day) puppies were still trying to eat.  I guess they may not have much trouble with the underwater retrieve ;-)  I pulled it back up and tried to drain some of the water off but I was fighting 5 puppies gobbling voraciously so they had some water that way, too.

               I took a little video of them playing VERY loud barky games at each other under the lid to the castle sandbox but apparently it doesn’t work on the blog.

               I know a lot more happened but I don’t know where the day went other than the puppies were being adorable and playing and napping in crates.  I rebuilt their area and then realized that TJJ is tall enough to have his head over the top of the ex pen already (when standing on his hind legs which we do NOT encourage or reward) so I will likely have to change it again very soon.

               I did manage to weigh them today.  Tired puppies who have been learning to sit are MUCH easier to weigh, close enough for government work at least.  We have a total of 46 lbs of puppy.  Chipmunk (pink) is the lightest at a not very light 8lbs.  Turtle is 8.8, Tootsie is 9 and Kodiak is 9.8lbs.  TJJ is still the largest at 10.6 lbs.

               I wonder how much they will grow overnight.  Nighty, nighty, nighty to all…

No comments:

Post a Comment