Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sept 11, 2014 Pupdate

               Good morning, good morning, the little dogs say.   As well as “Gives us kisses! Pick us up!  Oh wait, I need to potty. NOW!”  They were sound asleep at 7:30 this am.  It was between showers so I woke them up and took them outside anyway.  Where is proceeded to rain all over us again.  I used the umbrella, the puppies just went on about their puppy business: running, stalking, making us safe from rogue leaves and pottying.  I fed them outside too just to make it a more pleasant experience.

               I did bring them in after they ate because I didn’t want to hang out in the rain if not necessary.  They had a lot of in and out today, not all of it engineered by me.  They have figured out how to go in the dog door.  They’ve been showing great interest in following the big dogs but the flap usually comes back and stops them.  Their mother has been occasionally poking just her head out to check on them/watch and I think they got enough of them in there that the flap didn’t deter them.  Smart little monsters they are.  I can’t believe there are people who think dogs don’t learn by watching other dogs.

               As usual, the wading pool is every bit as interesting upside down.  I turned it over to dump out the rainwater and keep more from getting in.  I put it at the edge of the deck and they use it as a step/slide/launching pad.  One of the brown ones got tangled up in the ez up cover.  Since the frame is bent, I’ve been taking the cover off so I could keep using it until the pupsters are gone.  They got the edge down (they like to pull things down now, the blanket that I had over the play house to keep out rain has been dragged all over the place) and someone managed to get somewhat rolled up in it.  Scared me but when I got the puppy out, it wasn’t concerned.  I had brought out their breakfast so I put it down very near that just in case anyone was worried.  They weren’t and then I moved it up out of their reach (I hope, they may form a pyramid to get it tomorrow.)

               We are working on getting the scent of home on their baby blankets.  And practicing nap time in crates.  There was a pee accident this morning but none later in the day.  They do still pee on the wet deck but holding it that long is pretty good for little ones IMO.

               Dog Cindi and LeAnne left for the National Specialty today with their Aunt B and sister Caly.  Another sister, Mila, is there too.  I’m a little jealous.  I’d had loved to go but the puppies aren’t old enough so we’ll just wait for updates and live vicariously through everyone there.  The water trial portion starts Saturday.  Tomorrow is water practice day.

               The mamas are starting to instill a little discipline.  The puppies are absolutely adorable (yes, I know they are always adorable – even when they are bad) trying to ingratiate themselves and still get what they want.  Today the mama’s mama showed them how you DON’T take a big dog’s chicken.  She gave them her chicken yesterday.  Today, she went over and laid it in front of them and then told them No, that’s mine.  (They had their own chicken both days)

               I need to get everyone ready for bedtime, especially me.  They are sleeping in crates tonight – wish me sleep! Nighty, nighty, nighty…

No comments:

Post a Comment