Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17, 2014 Pupdate

               Another busy day in the life of the pupsters.  They slept well in their crates last night.  I worried myself (and apparently the MSU as well) in dreams all night because I was worried about them but they were fine.  They didn’t quite get the hang of running right out the door, they went out and then came back in to see what was taking so long and what that man was doing (the MSU came out while I was letting them out.)  No pottying in the crates but one of them (and I have no idea which one) peed a little on the floor when it came back to see what he was doing.)  I think they’ll do better tomorrow and I will be smart enough to take food out there AND come in the door I want them to exit.

               They played and played and took some naps and then I bravely left them in the pen and went up to wash my hair.  I didn’t have the monitor on but I would’ve heard the big dogs telling me if there was a problem AND the pupsters were settling in to nap at that time.

               Dog Cindi came (she hadn’t seen them in a week or more) and they were happy to greet her.  Then we went for a ride to the training building.  They introduced themselves to the tunnels and we had to take Tootsie off of the dog walk and they played crate games (they are pretty fond of meat broiled lightly with a little garlic.)  They even did the tunnel after it was curved (we weren’t sending them, they just found them interesting.)  I could hear them running through, it was pretty cute.  Apparently, there was also some resting in the tunnel.

               Tootsie demonstrated her hunting method for them, too.  She flops down as if she just couldn’t go another step (they actually commented that she must be tired) but she is really lying in wait.  As soon as another puppy (or sometimes a person) approaches, she’s pounces (although for people, she is likely as not to “assume the position” to be petted.)  She’s going to be fun.  They are all going to be fun.  For that matter, I’ve been having fun with them for weeks ;-)

               They let me go back up to nap again this morning.  I guess I might not have to get up as early with them but I’m afraid to risk it.  They go out and potty, eat and play a little and then are ready to nap.  It’s cooler and I’m sleepy so I bring them into the pen and go back to sleep until around 9.  Good puppies!

               I need to get the printer working so I can print their puppy books.  It is always a lot harder than it seems like it should be no matter which printer I use but I have most of the files together, I think.  I had to spend some time downloading Talking Books from the Bard site for my MeeMaw but the puppies were playing nicely outside at that time.  Nice of them to let me do that.

               They somehow knew that they wanted milk bones having never had them.  Since their mother regards them as second only to MEAT! in a Metal Bowl, I guess it shouldn’t be surprising but they were diving their heads into the box in Cindi’s van as we were trying to crate them.  So I gave them each a mini milkbone and they seemed to enjoy them.

               None of the puppies was car sick on the way up or back.  I was almost carsick before we got off the Creek but I managed not to hurl.  The Mama did a ride along in case she was needed but she wasn’t so she waited in the van.  She wasn’t too happy about that since we train in that building sometime and she likes to have turns but she wasn’t horrible.  She did feed the puppies again when we got home.  She’s down to 3 or 4  real times a day and then if she thinks they need to listen to her or come with her.

               Jack apparently missed me desperately because he is retrieving as if he hasn’t had a moment of exercise in the last 3 years and panting hard and nose punching the toy at me.  He is also dancing/running in place in his excitement.  We weren’t gone that long and he’s 12 and a third and it’s late (we didn’t even leave until close to his normal bedtime) but he’s convinced he needs to keep at it.  The pups are sacked out after a romp/potty in the yard and then some frenetic playing in the pen so I better give him a little more attention before we all go nighty, nighty, nighty…

No comments:

Post a Comment