Friday, November 9, 2012

November 8, 2012 Pupdate

               The puppies went to bed at 11pm last night and didn’t get up until 7 this morning.  I don’t know for certain that they slept but they were quiet.  I was awake from 5am but didn’t get up until daylight since they weren’t throwing a fit.

               I gave the big dogs chicken for breakfast early this morning.  I didn’t pay quite enough attention to locking Jill in her crate.  The next thing I knew Jill was carrying hers to the puppy pen and realizing they weren’t there, took it out the dog door.  She gave it a few crunches and handed it right over to the puppies who appreciated a little extra breakfast.  If I give them kibble, they’ll eat until they are full (or maybe bored) but when they have real food, they’ll eat until it’s gone.  One of them was out in yard pooping when I took breakfast out and they gobbled it up so fast that I picked up one bowl so there was some left when he finished.  Little carnivores, just like their mother.

               They came back in pretty well for their early morning nap – there was a hard frost and I didn’t want them to stay out there.  Since I’ve been giving them some treats, they will go in and eat the rest of them off of the floor of the crate or pen.  I got 9 out of 10 through the gates.

               I had to cut up some meat for the dogs today and I was going to let them stay out in the yard but then plans changed.  I let them out and came back inside to check email.  All of a sudden, I hear the dog door and a slight commotion in the deck room.  All of the big dogs had been in the rubber room with me so it wasn’t one of them.  And then here comes a puppy trotting in nice as you please.  He didn’t even follow one of the big dogs through it, he had come entirely on his own.  I knew it would eventually happen but I really thought it would be following a big dog.  The others were settling down for a nap so I brought them all inside after I fed them lunch (they had fish, yum they said.  Or they would’ve said had they not been so busy gobbling it down).  This time, I got 10 out of 10 in through the gates but I dropped some food in the water dish which might be irresistible.  I finally had to close off the dog door since they know how to come through it.

               I was really sleepy when I did last call for them and I didn’t count poops.  I hope that doesn’t ruin our record.  Nighty,nighty, nighty anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment