Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012

               Another day with no puppy poos in the house!  Yay for us!  I go to bed exhausted and I’ve been busy all day long but all I can think of that I’ve accomplished during the day is having kept all of the puppies alive and growing for another day. 

               We are continuing to do well with no pooping in the house.  With 10 of them, it is considerably harder not to have peeing (especially during the night) but they are doing well with not going in the sleeping parts of the pen.

               I was awake this morning before 6 am and I heard puppies stirring but I did not come down and let them up/outside until daylight (6:30ish).  I figure if their new people want them to get up earlier, they’ll adjust faster to starting the day early than if they get used to getting up to eat before daylight.  I listened intently for “I need to potty noises” but we made it until after daylight and I took them outside.  It’s an exciting life I lead when the thrill of my day is no puppies pooing inside.

               I did go vote today and while the puppies were sleeping under the supervision of their Mimi and Didi.  It was the short morning nap so they had woken up while we were gone (we didn’t have to wait in line and we vote a mile and a half away but I did have to wait for the machine that talks and it takes longer to vote with it.)  They managed to get them outside and back in – in spite of me not having shown them how the pen is situated (doors on crate and ex pen are beside each other but open in opposite directions.  The puppies didn’t really want to come back inside but it was colder than I felt comfortable with them staying outside.  They had a big playfest and then the big morning nap.

               I took advantage of their nap and took one of my own.  Promptly at noon, they woke me up with the we need to go outside noises so out we went.  It was sunny and warm by then so I let them play outside.  They had a picnic lunch and got into everything they could.  During one of their naps in the playhouse, I tried to figure out how they are getting out of the fence and put a stop to that.  I’d like to figure out how to stop them from pulling up the rubber edging in the corner or the yard but no luck on that one yet.

               When I put their pen back together today, I put the vetch toy back in with them.  I also put the last susan back.  They were very happy to have those items in there again.  I’m glad the vetch toy turns off.  For further amusement, I suspended a toy inside of one of the little crates.  They’ve played pretty hard with that – I was afraid one puppy was stuck, he was on his back with his front suspended by his teeth in the toy but he was just playing and swinging.

               For now, we are going to get ready and say Nighty, nighty, nighty to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment