Saturday, November 17, 2012

11/17/2012 More leaving ;-(

               And tonight, I am down to 5 puppies.  Tomorrow, 2 more are leaving.  It seems so empty here, it’s amazing how much each little puppy can add to a household but I guess they are adding even more to their new homes.  I keep trying to think back to how wonderful it was when we brought ours home and console myself with that.

               We completely shot our poop record today.  I was out saying goodbye to Bluehemoth and the others woke up and apparently one or two needed to go.  It wasn’t difficult to clean up but my record is shot.  A lesson on staying focused, I guess.

               I also learned that if you have big crying days, Botox won’t prevent a headache.  Fortunately, it didn’t turn into a migraine but I didn’t feel well until much later today.

               Our timeshare puppy is visiting with LeAnne for a few days.  She had been going to leave tomorrow so she didn’t get a night in the crate alone yet.  I hope her other crating experiences help her through.  If not, she may be back for a day or two before she has another sleepover.  We had a lesson in sit, down and recalls before she left.  That girl is awfully smart.  None of them are exactly slouches but she is really into manipulating her environment (i.e. she will demand training.)

               We did a few butts and dremeled some toenails today.  The dremeling is one of the last new experiences they will all have here. They will have had their toenails trimmed with regular clippers, guillotine clippers, filed and dremeled; most of those things by me and other people so hopefully nails won’t be a problem for the puppies.

               My computer is having serious conniptions.  I was trying to get some of the puppy books ready last night and it made me uninstall programs before I could print. There is plenty of space on my D drive but too much on C and the only thing on C is programs.  I guess when I get bored, I have something to do.  I don’t know how much it really coincides with puppies but I at least notice problems more when I have them.

               The remaining puppies will be sleeping in the crates tonight. Tomorrow night, they will all be crated alone.  It’s kind of sad for me.  They don’t seem concerned.

               I’m going to go nighty, nighty nappy until it’s time for last call and crating.  I wonder if I will get any sleep tonight wondering how Lickety’s flight went.

No comments:

Post a Comment