Friday, November 9, 2012

Nov 9 8 Weeks Old!

               The puppies are 8 weeks old and we have a road trip and a big weekend planned.  Tonight, we’ll be at Aunt Tamara’s 3 hours away.  Wish us luck for that trip.  I hope they can be somewhat quiet.  If they are, maybe I’ll get a 3 hour nap.  I could use one.

               I was so tired when I did last call last night (I had just about fallen asleep right before) that I didn’t go out in the freezing cold and count poops.  (I came back inside and gave the big dogs their midnight snack.)  I got the pupsters settled and went to bed and almost immediately was drifting off to sleep when I suddenly had a panicked thought that I had only counted 8 puppies and 2 more were outside.  So I jumped up and ran down to count puppies (there were 10 by the way).  I woke all of them up and had to sing the songs again.  Poor babies.  They were quiet pretty quickly so I guess they went back to sleep.  I did.

               They (well actually their mother) woke me up when it was light but not quite 7am.  Since I hadn’t counted poops, I figured we’d better get outside.  That was the right choice judging by the poopfest we had out there.  I should have fixed their breakfast last night like I usually do because they were hungry.  I’ll be cutting back on the nighttime meal.

               I’m packing up the pupsters and all of their paraphernalia (not in that order) and we are about to head out the door.  There may be more pupdates this weekend if I can manage while we are traveling.  May have to wait until we return…

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment