Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 10-13, 2012 Weekend Travels

I am home now and have full internet access here but I have sent a few updates from my phone so I am all out of whack.  This will be a recap of the blur I remember.  I am MUCH less functional away from home.

               We continued our no inside pooping streak at Tamara’s.  There were only a couple of little spots of pee in their pen area.  I did NOT try to do any individual crate training.  That’s just a little more than anyone should expect of the hospitality of friends.

               Tamara and Roger are wonderful hosts to all of us and our big bunch of puppies.  I’m sure it’s quite the upheaval for them.  Fergie, however, has been in dog heaven.  She played and played and played with the puppies every chance she got.  She was very, very good with them and really had BIG fun.  The little girls from next door were very good with the puppies as well.

               Before we headed over for CERFs, we have met 44 NEW people (as in an unduplicated census) since they turned 4 weeks old.  I suspect they will meet some more there.

               I wonder if it is too soon to call them as non-walking poopers.  Among the big things I hope they get from their sire is his ears and not being walking poopers.

               We had good results with the temperament and conformation evaluations but they are all busy puppies.  They were pretty good for their CERFs aside from wanting everyone in the waiting room to interact with them.  People seemed surprised and enthralled with the great bug crate with 10 PWD puppies talking to them.  Poor Tamara and Dog Cindi were filling out forms as fast as they could but 11 of those forms take a long time.  We got good results though so I can now officially not worry about that for a while.

               The puppies were remarkably quiet on the trip up and back.  Considering the amount of noise they are making right now, that may have been miraculous.  2 puppies threw up on the way up and back but we have no idea which ones or if it was the same ones.  We only know it was definitely 2 because they were in 2 crates.  They didn’t seem the worse for the wear and on the way up, it may have helped that they had consumed some grass in the yard (I know because I cleaned up the puke.)

               Our no inside pooping streak ended last night when we were all sitting right here.  The puppies were being pretty loud after being cooped up most of the day (rain in the morning, then CERFs, then evaluations, then the drive home) so I will assume that the potty screams blended in to the general noise level.

               I also had to let them out at 4:30 am.  That turned out to be their mother’s doing. She was fussing and then they were fussing so I came downstairs to let them out.  She proceeded to nurse them and then everybody came back inside and went back to sleep.  I guess we missed their midnight snack from Mama last night because we had been letting puppies interact with the new sibling of one of them and she was crated for that.  I won’t make that mistake again.  If we aren’t going to let her check on them before sleep, she won’t sleep in the same room they do.  The crating all alone begins tonight.  They’ve been crated separately within the pen but it’s going to be different tonight. I hope we all go nighty, nighty, nighty and have a good night for a pleasant tomorrow. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment