Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nov 15, 2012

               I don’t know how to title this post because it’s a sad day for me and a happy day for some new people and their new family dogs.

               Crating went well with just a little fussing at first.  I gated Doodlebug in the room with their crates

               She was not too pleased with that turn of events at about 4am.  I didn’t want her to wake the puppies and upset them so I woke them up and took them outside.  They were sound asleep and didn’t even stir quickly when I turned on the lights.  I easily got them outside and then let Doodlebug out.  She checked them and by the time I let the other 6 out, she opened the bar.  I fed them early so Camo could do some digesting before his big day of air travel.  When they came back inside, I gave them goat milk instead of water so he’d get some quickly digested nutrition just in case he gets airsick.  I hope he doesn’t have a rough day but it will be long.

               When they started back to sleep (it was still dark outside), I gave him his last bath here.  He was good but didn’t want to cuddle wrapped in a towel as long as I wanted to cuddle him wrapped in a towel.  I gave him a little probiotic paste and sprayed DAP in his Sherpa bag while he had a little siesta in the pen with his littermates.  They woke up more easily around 7ish – daylight does make a big difference but it was still cold out there so I made them come in.  We had a short play session and then started napping. 

               Bruce took Camo and his new people to the airport for their long trip home.  2 short flights and a long.  The one from Charleston, WV to DC will be a small plane.  It’s unlikely to be full so maybe they will have an extra seat to give him more room.  He has to arrange himself to fit in the bag (we practiced a little last night for treats).  I don’t see how there are dogs small enough to do stand in those.  Fortunately, it’s just one day.  I hate it when they leave and another one is going tonight. At least he will be nearby.  I’ll have to keep learning to stop counting at lower numbers.  Maybe I should always count down instead of up, then I could just start at a lower number. 

               We continue to well with outside pooping.  When possible, some of them strongly prefer to pee outside but they will use the potty pan/paper.  (They will also sleep in the potty pan.)

               I spent a lot of the day arranging for the puppies to be picked up by their new owners.  I think it is way too much like cutting your own switch.

               Colleen and Bobby came to get Armada and do his paperwork and stayed for a while so I didn’t have to start missing him as early.  I still miss him but he’ll come visit me Sunday.

               I heard from Camo (potentially Bodhi) and his new people and he made it to his new home after a full day of air travel (10 am to 9 pm is a full day.)  He had no potty accidents and didn’t get airsick and was a very nice, quiet traveler.

               It’s time to crate the babies and go Nighty, nighty, nighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment