Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

> I am woefully behind on the blog, I know. I'll try to catch up but I'm not on my computer so I don't recall when I last posted.
>
> Purple Panda Paws left yesterday and is now known as Waldo. He had a good long car ride and will have a long plane trip tomorrow. I hope it goes well for him. He's a sweet puppy. He kept trying to "help" his new owner look at the puppy binder - perfect little water dog instincts;-)
>
> I actually took a nap yersterday morning/afternoon while the the girls slept. I slept 2 hours, they slept a little longer but I was up early again. The puppies still here are doing very well in their crates at night. I went to bed early with plans to get up and take them out at 11:00 but apparently, they couldn't wait. After some vigorous play in the ex pen, she made one attempt to say she needed out and then jumped on the potty pan and pooped. According to all of the witnesses, it was fast and not a good poop (not carpet grade as Jim and Jennie term it) so maybe I couldn't have prevented it either.
>
> When I did awaken some time in the night (in the continuing saga of my tactile watch, the band that was jury rigged broke. It kept coming off and was lost in the puppy yard so I keep sending it where ever the MSU goes in hopes of getting the right kind and it completely broke on his last trip out. So now it's urgent or I start using talking ones throughout the night) they were still in the ex pen so I took them out and crated them.
>
> Doodlebug continues to feed the remaining puppies. I am going to make her stop after Pink! leaves Sunday. Turtle/Red -now known as Calypso will come home from her sleepover with her new mom Saturday and I'm not going to let her keep nursing her. On the up side, gluing her ears up in the ponytails and using the snood seems to have cleared them up. I'll probably use the good wash and have them checked again before I start using the meds now. At any rate, her hematoma is resolved so no need for the surgery.
>
> I hope Colleen wants to continue her grooming practice soon because Sammie's butt is very long. The puppies could use a re touch, too.
>
> Pink! And Lemony/Limey Sprite and I will play more tomorrow and may even practice leash walking with little girls. We'll have big fun. We'd better enjoy this while the weather is nice. I don't think it's supposed to last much longer.
> For now, I'm going to say nighty, nighty, nighty.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment