Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 5, 2012 Pupdate

               Good morning, good morning the little dogs say!  This morning they were starting to say it at about 6:30. But it made it down and got them outside before we had any indoor poops.  I kind of wondered because after I did last call and they came back inside, they got their second wind and played and played and played.

               There was a hard frost out there but they didn’t mind.  I guess all of that hair coupled with the high activity level was enough to keep them warm.  After a while, I carried Dyson in my jacket but that was to keep me warm, he was just nice enough to cooperate. 

               The puppies have shown interest in Cooper who isn’t quite sure what to do with that many of them.  He was quite interested in eating their leftovers but wasn’t happy about sharing when they wanted to be social eaters.  I stopped him but it was a good thing for him that the Mama’s Mama wasn’t out there. 

               The smaller crates are quite a big hit with the puppies.  For the first morning nap, 4 puppies were in one which seemed a little too crowded for me to close the door.  During the second morning nap, I closed it on the 2 that were in there.  They woke up enough to notice but were sleepy enough that it wasn’t a big deal. 

               So far none of the puppies are walking poopers.  It would be nice if that didn’t continue into this generation.  I know Doodlebug and Indy got it from their father who got it from his mother but I’m not sure how far back it can be traced ;-) 

               I moved some of the play equipment into the grass from the deck this morning so they could experience it in different places.  I also put the raised bed into the playhouse in case they wanted a spot up off the deck. I put clean warm, dry blankets out there each morning or more often if it’s raining so they can be warmer if they want.  Sometimes they use them, sometimes they don’t.  The bed hasn’t been needed yet.

               Some of the monsters have discovered the seam in the flat rubber edging under the far corner of the fence so I had to take some of the larger rocks from the landscaping to try to limit that.  Teamwork and 10 puppies make it hard to stop something.  I may have to put a stepping stone or cinder block out there if they don’t’ stop.  I could try fencing it off but it slopes a fair amount up there so that’s not ideal.

               As true Water Dogs, they love the watering can.  I keep having to collect it and put it back together.

               They are also about to start coming through the dog door.  I guess I’ll need to ex pen that off, too.  I had to put one around the bottom of the 2 steps on the deck to keep them from coming up them to play.  I had gated off the top and that worked until people were using the steps and moving the pen at the top.  Apparently, they can see and learn  fairly well ;-)

               They’ve been playing with MiMi and DiDi who are good sports in true grandparent fashion.  They wore old clothes in case the swarm of shark toothed hairy monsters get them.  So far, I think they have only torn Colleen’s clothes but I havent’ checked mine that closely.  I know they can untie people’s shoe strings very well.  (I rarely wear shoes that tie, esp not in the house so they learned that on other people.)

               Do you have any idea how difficult it is to hear what you are typing or posting with 10 little Water Dogs playing near you?  I’m going to give up and post this for tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment