Monday, November 19, 2012

11/18/12 Fewer and fewer

               Good morning, good morning the last half said.  This morning, my niece Haley helped me let them out of their crates to go outside and potty.  For some reason, the big dogs came out to ‘help’ so the puppies didn’t go right out the door.  We still managed NOT to have any potty accidents on the way, though.

               They had a healthy breakfast and a nap and then the puppy formerly known as TJ started his long trek home after a little visit/playtime with his new canine sister.  I hear he had a good day of travel, rode well, ate well, and played.  I hope he sleeps well.

               As he was leaving, Bruce was also heading out to get Tucker’s (fka Orange) new dad from the airport.  We had a nice visit (he’s from a major metropolitan area so our house and land is like a park.)   Had a little lunch, played with a little training, gave the puppy another shower after he took a header in some poop during which he fussed and squalled, and then he cuddled up with his new dad for a little while.  Too soon for me, they headed back out for the long trip home.  He had a short flight to DC but then a long layover.  I think he gets in at 11 or so.   I hope he flew as well as all of the others have.

               Colleen brought Armada (Dyson we even forget and call him Dyson a fair amount) to help me not have as much separation anxiety.  She got a little more grooming practice by finishing Jack’s butt and doing Jill’s.  Unfortunately for him, the milk bar wasn’t opened while he was here.  He did eat a huge dinner.  I forgot to decrease the amount for fewer puppies so they all got stuffed.  Eventually, his daddy was texting her to bring his puppy home so she had to leave.

               It’s very strange just to have 3 puppies left.  I’ve gotten good reports on the ones that are gone but I still miss them.  It’ll be lonely when I am down to just one part time.  I’m sure the big dogs will be happy to occupy my time, too.

               The ones of us still here say nighty, nighty, nighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment