Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28, 2012 Pupdate: TWO Weeks Old


               And Pink! has gone over the wall.  I’m not sure but I might’ve heard one say, “Mrs. Wetherholt, Tear down this wall!”  So far she’s the only one but I guess it’s really time to redo the puppy pen.   I think this might be earlier than the other litters but I’m not sure.  It may be that with ten of them, there is more of an opportunity to make a pyramid to assist with wall climbing.

               At any rate, I cleaned and steamed the floor on their side of the rubber room. and steamed 4 of the pieces of flooring. and put the plastic on the floor and up their wall. and put down their floor.  And set up the ex pens.  No wonder I was sore and tired.  It keeps raining on and off here so I think I’ve had some barometric issues as well.  The result was Bruce spent one more night with the dogs because he knew I wouldn’t rest with the monitor last night.

               All of the puppies are opening their eyes at least a little, I think.  Maybe Colleen will come to take pictures soon.  They only hold still during a post prandial nap

               Doodlebug’s caloric intake needs to increase again.  We are now up to 5,709.  I don’t know how we are going to accomplish this.  Poor baby is going to have to eat constantly.  She’s been pretty interested in food though.  Last night, I put her middle of the night bites in the ex pen right after I fed her the midnight snack and she ate them right away.  No wonder she had to go out in the night.  She is alternating between some actually good poop and some less good but not liquid.  I think the pumpkin is helping.  Or maybe it is because she doesn’t want to go out and get her feet wet so she holds it longer.  It’s not diarrhea, it’s just loose poop (a distinction that maybe only dog people make.)

               According to Iffen, it is 39 degrees at Lake Geneva right now but supposed to warm up to 70.  Low in the 40s tonight.  I hope the people practicing the swim with handler have wetsuits or get to go in the afternoon or some combination thereof.  At least in the trials, swim with handler is last so you’re very close to passing if you get to that point.  I think that and Julie’s wetsuit might be to only things that got me through the apprentice swim with Jack and Rend Lake when it was so cold.

               All of ya’ll at the Specialty, have some extra fun for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have a great Xcel 4/3 wetsuit that I wear to kiteboard :) They should hold a water trial in the OBX (Movers and Shakers?) - the sound would be perfect, and I could kite before and after! lol.

    Go PINK! Carrera #2 in training!

    ReplyDelete