Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25, 2012



               Speaking of which, I probably better get ready for the next phase of set up.  I need to bring the other ex pens, crates, etc. up to clean/sanitize to be ready for Phase whatever number it will be.  That’s exciting because I can start putting toys and things in with them when their eyes and ears open.  They won’t have a shortage of siblings to climb over/on/through but I like to add other enrichment options as well.

               Hardly anybody squalled during puppy yoga last night.  Lemony Snickett (aka Yellow) protested what she considered a series of unfortunate events but she got over it pretty quickly.  I adjusted everyone’s collar again and only had one mishap with a leg through the collar.  I pulled it off and corrected it pretty quickly, those Velcro collars are at least quick and easy to readjust.

               I noticed today that there is a little reflection in the corners of some of their eyes so we are on the way to opening.  When they have their eyes open, I can get in the puppy pen and let them roam all over me.  I am reluctant to try to lie down and navigate getting back up with 10 puppies and none of seeing worth anything.  I’d hate to squish any of them.  I have been snuggling individual puppies and had head and shoulders in the pool with them a lot so I am not exactly deprived.  They’ve also been getting up on all four feet and walking around.  Since their eyes aren’t open yet, I feel like they all should have little white canes.

               I put pumpkin in the Mama’s latest meals and that is helping with the less than good poop she’s been having.  Hopefully, I will remember to add it sooner next time we have a boatload of puppies.

               We had a weight watchers meeting and we have 17 pounds of puppies on the bathroom scales.  There is a little variation but that’s close enough for government work.  At least 2 puppies weigh 2 or more pounds and a third weighs close and over depending on how much he wriggles in the weighing bucket.  Big Blue the Behemoth is the heaviest and largest, closely followed by the Red girl and Orange.   Dyson is still steadily gaining.  (Dyson is the tan puppy.  He never loses suction once he is latched on, whether it’s on his mama or my finger.)

               I think that’s all for now.  I’m going to finish putting everything back (tonight was floor steaming night) and go nighty, nighty, nighty.  Sending puppy breath dreams to all of you…

No comments:

Post a Comment