Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012 AM Pupdate

        It’s a good thin' I don’t have a web cam because I be aye people would think I be constantly playin' a bizarre puppy version o' duck, duck, goose when I be countin' puppies. So far, thar be still 10 so all’s starboard with our world.
        T' hot pink collar turned out nice and bstarboard, I hope it doesn’t wash out when I clean it but I can always color it again. T' little lad fka as light grey then rainbow then streaker be now t' be known as t' camo lad. I couldn’t get light blue, light green or yellow t' show up differently enough on t' grey collar so I ended up usin' blue and then yellow t' make a sort o' new grass green that reminds me o' camouflage so that’s what he’ll be called. For a while anyway…"
       Pink lass be often called Pinky which then requires t' Brown puppy t' be mispronounced as t' Brain and they get t' little song. If this isn’t amusin' t' t' rest o' you, try it again when you aren’t sleepin' much.
      Thar's 12.6 ounces more puppy than we did t' day before. Not everyone be cooperative enough t' get a really good weight so we sometimes just go with t' lowest number t' scale seems t' show. As long as it’s a gain and t' puppy seems healthy, I try not t' worry but that doesn’t mean I’m above sneakin' that one aft onto t' scale when it be sleepin' t' try t' get an accurate number. 4 puppies be over a pound, and 2 or 3 will probably get thar today. 
      I still haven’t made SammieDoodlebug eat outside t' puppy pen but I be doin' somewhat better about keepin' it out o' her hair. There be almost always a couple o' puppies nursin', sometimes they aren’t on a nipple but be still suckin' away. Poor Doodlebug probably has hickeys.
      After t'olde dogges go t' bed, Doodlebug comes out o' her whelpin' box a little more. She comes over t' have a cuddle or a scratch but if they puppies make a noise she’s starboard aft over t' check on them.  Twas gettin' t' collars ready for t' weight watchers meetin' last night and she kept givin' me t' little worrrr noise. I finally figured out that she wanted us both aft in t' room with her for her current version o' only dog time. It’s t' same noise she makes when she wants someone t' keep her company on t' bed in t' RV."
     In t' mornin', I be realizing that she’s only frettin' bout Jack if he doesn’t have a monkey paw. If he has one, she doesn’t care if he be droppin' it over t' side o' t' ex pen. I guess she knows t' routine and wants t' stick with it. Jack retrievin' be t' status quo in this house.
      Training t' scurvy little deckhand for gettin thar sea legs went well a fore bed. T' ones who were nursin' when we started their turn were even quieter than when you get them sleepin'. Only one or 2 squalled and Doodlebug wasn’t concerned enough t' get up from t' 2 that were still nursin'. With t' other litters, I always did thin's in birth order but I don’t like t' interrupt nursin', especially for t' smaller ones so we have a couple o' other systems this time. One be we put t' puppy that has been done into t' other pool (I change them often so I can clean t' one they’ve been in anyway) and t' other be me version o' movin' magnets on a white board. I cut a little piece off o' t' end o' each o' t' collars and stuck them t' one o' t' black collars I be not usin'. I hung t' black collars on t' ex pen. Then when a puppy be done, I can move that piece t' t' other black collar. What can I say, I like systems.
     I think they be goin' t' get t' hear (as much as they hear anythin' with their ears closed) t' mechanical deck swab t'day. Thanks t' me mother in law, we came home t' a clean house but doin' all o' t' puppy laundry seems t' create lint and dust. 
    Somebody be sin'in' in t' pen but Sammie and Jill aren’t concerned. I’m still goin' t' go check - and maybe wallow in t' puppy box. I’ve been gettin' t' sniff a little puppy breath, methinks it’s better'n rum or whiskey.

3 comments:

  1. Cristi, I think you need more sleep! Or I need a translator! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you could see Barley's adorable Pirate costume on Facebook.... he was adorable!

    ReplyDelete