Saturday, September 29, 2012

9/29/12 Pup date 15


               Typing the title that way put me in a very Star Trek frame of mind.  I don’t think it’s talk like William Shatner day, so I’m not posting like Captain Kirk.

The puppies are adjusting well to life outside the pool.  It rained here almost all day yesterday and at 2:20ish, the power went out.  It’s not a big storm but it’s something different for the puppies to experience.  It was very Giiligan’s Island here since I hadn’t closed the back door of the vehicle enough and the battery was dead.  We had to walk down to the buildings to get all of the ex pens and little tykes puppy stuff (we brought it back up in the truck, we didn’t carry it.)  We unloaded it on the driveway beside the house and I sprayed it all down with disinfectant again.  Once more and a good rinse and I will probably bring it into the back yard and set it up.  They aren’t quite ready to go outside yet but I like to take advantage of the decent weather.

               I was using the 24 inch high ex pen with the walk through door and the Big Blue Behemoth spied his mother standing just outside the door so he climbed up and over.  I thought it would take a little longer but I finished sanitizing the fancy ex pen and set it up so now we are ready until I need to start adding the crate(s).

               The black puppy with the brown collar now has a nickname.  In honor of his skunk stripe (it’s on his nose), we are currently calling him Peppy.  Hopefully that will clear things up.

               Other puppies seem to be having nicknames that stick as well.  The purple puppy is PandaPaws, the red girl is Turtle.  They are all VERY cute and becoming more and more mobile.

               They had a photo shoot today and a lot of cuddling.  We forgot to put them in the box with the card so everyone can see how much they’ve grown so you’ll have that to look forward to when we get around to doing it again.  We did change all of their collars for the clean version.  I haven’t checked but I think Colleen probably got them on the right puppies.  I think she did them one at a time so they’ll be correct.

This week was filing toenails (instead of clipping.)  Dog Cindi did that today so they’ve been exposed to more than just me doing it.  Mamabug is now stitch free and seems to have healed nicely.  She does have hickeys and little spots that the puppies have sucked her skin raw here and there.  I don’t know how in the world she can stand that but she seems completely unfazed.  She also demonstrated her amazing proprioception jumping into the pen full of puppies and landing all four feet in the space about the size of a paper plate.  I know I am spoiled and just rely on her to know where they are because she does but I didn’t realize how small some of her available space really is.

               We are almost done with Puppy Yoga.  I wonder if they will miss that.  I figure we will have enough other adventures that they won’t sit around and demand ENS continue.  They are starting to gum around on fingers but I don’t feel teeth ready to erupt yet.  I don’t think it will be very long though.

               Day 1 of the water trial was today at the National Specialty.  I didn’t hear much about it (we kept ourselves pretty well distracted) but one of the puppies half siblings passed Junior today.  Good job Ziva!               Nighty, Nighty, Nighty…

No comments:

Post a Comment