Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16 Pupdate


               SammieDoodlebug ’s eating great but it’s certainly going to take a lot of calories for her to feed those puppies. She needs 4,373 calories per day for the first week and it goes up from there.  I think I’m going to use my Loseit app on my phone instead of my spreadsheet so I can just scan the bar code when I give her something new (the eggs are a different size this time.)

               I must say it is a lot easier when the Male spousal unit does the night shift.  I stayed up by the box until about 2 and then Dog Cindi came down to take a turn and I went back to bed until Bruce got up to leave for his golf tournament at almost 6 am so Cindi could go back to bed.  3 ½ hours sleep is somewhat less (ok at least 5 hours less) than I need but I don’t want to miss anything.  It’s amazing how mesmerizing 10 little puppies can be.

               Green curly boy played a version of the itsy bitsy spider this morning but instead of the water spout, he went up his mother’s neck.  So now in addition to dragging them out from behind her, now we have to make sure they don’t go over the side of the pool.  I may be building up the side earlier than I think I did for the other litters.  If I weren’t so busy playing with the puppies, I’d go look that up.

               This is day 3 of their little lives so we started puppy yoga.  SammieDoodlebug supervised carefully to make sure we did it right.  We had a weight watchers meeting and all but 2 of the puppies are gaining rapidly.  Blue boy is over a pound.  We are watching the 2 smaller puppies and making sure they get to nurse or we will supplement them. They are vigorous, but not as fat as I like.  A few of them are going to have to have collar adjustments tomorrow.
 
             The puppies are singing and dropping off to sleep, it's a nice lullaby so I think I'll go nighty, nighty, nighty for a while, too.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. cristi! you must be one busy lady over there, along with ms. sammiedoodlebug (great name). Cant wait to hear more about the sweet pups!!

    ReplyDelete