Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5 Pupdate

The puppies have had a few naps and are rejuvenated but I am wiped out. It was very hot today and we took them up to the pond. I figured the heat would encourage more water activity and it did but they mostly did it wading.
They were quite happy hanging out under the dock where Carrera jumped another frog and playing at the water’s edge before I took them on boat rides and then let them swim to shore after one. Royal jumped off of the boat while we were further out than I was comfortable with him swimming (and went completely underwater before righting himself and starting to swim) so I scooped him back up onto the boat platform. He rode like a good boy until we were close enough for me to let him swim in.

They eventually ventured up to play under the forsythia and privet bushes for quite a while. It was a little difficult for us to keep an accurate count of puppies in there but we didn’t lose anyone. They had big fun running in and out and around at each other and the occasional big dog that would come through. Indy’s Cindi was happy that no one found anything to eat.

I sat down to post the blog while I was down here to do last call with the dogs and puppies and Carrera decided to show me her new trick. She climbs up the open crate door and on top of the wire crate to shop in the toys that I put away for the night. I grabbed her off and moved the toys but she has figured out how to do it and did it twice more and the next time, I impeded her progress but obviously didn’t dampen her spirit. She’s closed in a crate for the night with her sister but I am going to have to figure out a way to stop that behavior. Even if she doesn’t get hurt, she’s taking years off of my life worrying about her. She’s certainly a smart little athletic thing.

I’d better go nighty, nighty, nighty since I am keeping the puppies from settling all of the way down to sleep by having the lights on. We have progressed to them going to bed at a sort of time instead of when they are already asleep so I need to keep the routine the same. I had to adjust the timing because of Carrera’s antics. My goodness, she is going to be something ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment