Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 23 Pupdate

It’s been a fun filled day here today. While I was washing my hair this morning, Jack alarm barked for me to come downstairs. (This is actually different than Jack’s bark that he just wants me to come back) so I came down to see what was going on. Pink! was running around the rubber room. Apparently, she can now come over the little ex pen so after I finished my hair, I rebuilt the puppy pen with the taller ex pen.


Then Rowdy (fka Limey) came for a visit. We let him play with Pink! and Cary for a little while before we worked on his hair. He was living up to his name at first so we let Jill and then SammieDoodle speak to him about how to behave and the puppies had a much better time playing. It is still amazing to me how the littlest puppy can tell the biggest puppy how they want to play and because they want to play, he respects that. Rowdy is much bigger than Pink and Cary at this point.

After the other puppies helped tire him out a little, we worked on grooming. He was pretty good on the table for getting his butt shaved but we didn’t try to do his muzzle, just scissored a tad around his eyes.

Then the puppies went swimming in the pond. They all just swam for the joy of swimming and would go out past the people. Then they’d play on the bank and hillside and come back for more swimming. I think a good time was had by all – at least until the bath time. Then there was minimal whining and some singing by Cary. He really enjoys being held wrapped in the towel (or not wrapped in the towel for that matter.)

Rowdy is doing well with his sits and downs and the other 2 puppies are doing very well with their retrieving of ‘live’ objects to hand. I haven’t started on ‘dead’ retrieves with them.

Jack finished up his course of steroids so if he can just maintain his range of motion for 2 weeks on continued exercise restriction, he can go back to having a life. If not, we’ll have to look into other possible causes.

For now, we’re going nighty, nighty, nighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment