Thursday, December 10, 2020

1210/20 Pupdate

We had a good night for a pleasant tomorrow except that one of the pupsters was too busy wanting to go into his crate to go potty again before Nighty nighty nighty.  He fussed a little at 3something but stopped when I told him Nighty, nighty, nighty but he was really adamant at 4 something.  As soon as I let him outside, he immediately peed and pooped.  I couldn’t tell which one was initially fussing so I let both out but I could tell by their behavior then.  Both went back into their crates and right back to sleep so good puppies (and we might try going out the other door tonight.)

They continue to work of not losing their minds during food prep but I think it will be easier at their new houses because they won’t have prior knowledge of the routines.

One puppy who shall not be named (although I alread ratted him out to his new people) decided he was going over the wall (or the crate as the case may be) so I put a large box in his way in the pen and took down the mickey mouse fencing on the deck.  No point in practicing on a low height when he needs to learn to respect a gate (not that his mother does, she just sails right over)

Both continue to be absolutely adorable especially when they get the little puppy zoomies. They can get some speed up though.  Both are interested in Alexa but I think they are just looking for another person to charm.  I used to give Jack verbal cues through the baby monitor to see if he would still do the behaviors (he did) and now I kind of want to train a response to Alexa giving the cues,

Tomorrow is our last full day together before they head home with their new families.  On the up side, I get to cuddle with Trilli because she’s coming with them to pick up her new ‘brother.’  We waited for this visit in hopes that Mama Phoebe will be accepting of visiting dogs with her puppies since they aren’t tiny (and she only nurses them on the grooming table so she can horn in on their turns.)

Saturday will NOT be a happy day in this house but it shoudl be happy for their new people.  Puppy breath to all (while we still have some here) Nighty, nighty, nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment