Monday, December 7, 2020

12/07/20 Pupdate

Well, this is a roller coaster of a day.  3 puppies when I got up this morning.  Then Cindi brought Elle to hang with us while she went to a dr’s appt.  But then LeAnne and Laurie took little Ruba home.  After we finished dremeling the other puppies’ nails CIndi took Elle home as well.  This day required a lot of fudgesicles!

The puppies seem to have mastered crating even if they are a little impatient for me to open the door for them.  They also know to look UP because I had the cookies in through the top toward the rear (the fun part of crating doesn’t happen at the door for puppies) and proceed to stand up looking while I fumbled with closing and latching the doors then getting the cookies and dispensing them. 

We’ve played outside a few times today and we went into the ‘big yard’ too.  They really enjoy that and it’s not as difficult to keep up with just 2 and it’s slightly more likely that I won’t have a puppy under my foot when I try to put it down but only slightly since they have fewer siblings to distract them from dogging my every step.

It is easier to feed just a few puppies from individual bowls but they can still eat really fast when I don’t feed them from the puzzle toys. The squirrel nest toy is still popular - even without me hiding any food in it now.  I do have to keep gathering up the squirrels before their mama carries them outside though.  She LOVES toys.  Laurie brought a toy from her house to let Ruba get familiar but Phoebe kept taking it to parade.  Somehow, the puppies had it in their pen but when we took them outside, she went in and repossessed it.

I knew I should’ve started writing this as things happened today because I’ve forgotten the things I wanted to include.  

So far, I’ve gotten good reports on everyone at their new homes. It’s good to hear how they are doing because I really miss them!  Nighty, nighty, nighty and puppy breath (albeit much less of it since there are only 2 still here) to all

No comments:

Post a Comment