Friday, March 30, 2018

03/30/18 2 Weeks Old!

Happy 2 week birthday to the 9 cutest little pupsters around!
Oh my goodness, how are these adorable little pupsters 2 weeks old already? And how do they just keep getting cuter?  They are sweet nuzzly little black bundles of adorableness.
Monday night (I think it was Monday but I’ve lost all track of time), I was talking about how much 15 ccs can be when you are trying to get it down a puppy and this afternoon, they all sucked it down in well under a minute each.  (I think this is the first litter that I’ve gotten to drink the leftover formula.  I usually have to put the first batch on the MamaDog’s food). It now takes longer to make the bottle than it does for them to suck it down.  Even little Strata cooperated (not fully at first but then he caught on and was guzzling it down. He didn’t want to be done when it was gone either.  Good puppy, good sign). They are eating almost as well as their Mama ;-).
Speaking of which, it’s time to up her calories again.  Poor little miss has to eat and eat.  It’s not doing great things for her digestive system or our air quality but it keeps the pupsters growing so it’s worth it ;-)
Little peepers aren’t just outside these days.  There are 9 little pairs making more of an appearance all of the time.  I can’t wait until they start recognizing me by sight in addition to scent.
Good little pupsters aren’t quite going into the potty area when they need to go but they do usually lumber away from the rest of the pile so I can often put them the rest of the way myself.  Not bad for 2 weeks old.  Maybe they’ll be like their daddy and be extremely fastidious (he wouldn’t walk through it and he’d guide me around it as well.)
More milestones are being reached: they can pretty much all nurse while the MaterGator sits.  She doesn’t start off that way but she often sits up partway through and the ones that aren’t asleep keep right on drinking.  I guess that shouldn’t surprise me given how they drink the bottle.
Aunt Colleen is coming tomorrow for their 2 week photoshoot.  I have actually planned out the weekly photo shoots now (I didn’t do it until today so there’s a propr for a later shoot that I should’ve gotten before but I may be able to jury rig (yes, I now know that the expression was Gerry rig but people ‘round here have accents and when I was little, I didn’t know the WW history or that Germans were Gerries but I HAD heard of rigging juries so it’s stuck that way.  It might be easier just to switch than to type all of the explanation but I’d have to listen to carefully to the backspaing letters so it’s not really.  If you can think backwards by letter  audibly, you could use a screen reader more easily than I can) that one.
This was a day/week for planning.  We’ve scheduled all kinds of important things (there are backup dates for the first swim in the pond because we have priorities you know) and purchased some really pretty purple binders for the puppy books.  The new owners might not care as much but I do and having different color binders for each litter makes it easier for me to know which is which without having to scan each one.
Another milestone, while they nurse their little tails stick straight out and sometimes wag.  We are working our way through scents to the point that I am having trouble thinking up new ones to do each day.  I’m not terribly creative in that department - or I’m trying to make it too unadulterated (and beyond things for the dogs, we don’t do a whole lot of truly fresh food.  It’s that whole not driving/blindchick thing again).  Today I used mud since it is in abundances around here these days.  LOTS of rain.  We kind of had storms last night but not much thunder.  Just as well because I don’t think they are old enough to appreciate a storm.  We could do with a little less rain until the puppies are old enough to need exposure to that. ;-)
They don’t sing in their sleep as constantly these days and I haven’t heard them sound like a swarm of bees lately.  I miss that one but they do make sounds more like real little dogs.
The weight watcher’s meeting was a total bust tonight.  They all topple the container right off of the scale before it can announce how much they weigh.  I’ll have the MSU watch tomorrow if they won’t cooperate.  He can see what numbers it is dancing around while they wriggle in the container.  I figure we’ll be on to the bathroom scale soon anyway.  I almost bought a bluetooth baby scale but if it doesn’t work any better than the thermometer (we tried to use it to monitor Caly’s pre-whelp temperature and it was wildly inaccurate and really SLOW so the aunts went out and bought a regular digital thermometer and assisted in the temp takings every time), I’m glad I didn’t.
There’s a good chance that while I was typing this, there was a puppy sleeping on me.  There’s probably a good chance that the same is occurring while you are reading it too.  They may have mastered cuddling already.  They mastered being adorable long ago but they do strive to conitnue to improve on that.  And, somehow, they manage.
I think we’ll say nighty nighty nighty and cuddle amongst ourselves until the 2 am feeding of the mamadog (and the other 2 girls because that’s only fair).  I’ll try to cuddle enough for everyone to live vicariously through me. (I find it amusing that Nanny McPhoebe seems to know and accept when there is a puppy in ‘her’ spot but if a big dog is there, she’s a major space invader.  Puppy breath to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment