Thursday, March 22, 2018

03/22/18 Pupdate

We’ve had another very busy day of eating and sleeping and singing and growing.  We’ve done some pottying too but that’s usually only interesting to dog people and we are too little for it to really mean much.  I’m getting really sleepy so I’ll let Aunt Mama finish.
Another day of Caly settling in to being a stay at home (first home/Aunt Mama’s) mother.  We’ve had another good day after a good night so I got a little more sleep, too.
Caly’s doing well enough that I had the MSU watch them on the camera while I took a shower and got dressed this morning.  It’s a good thing I got a BIG haircut before we went to Cleveland to wait for puppies because I haven’t had much time to do anything with it.
After we got him off to work, I changed out the puppy linens and straightened up in the rubber room.  I doubt you can tell since the ground is so wet from all of the rain and snow that 3 sets of dog paws bring in some dirt.  I know it was cleaner though.
We have started giving the puppies their litter nicknames.  Since they are such sweet treats, we are starting with names based on things at their Aunt Tootsie’s Bakery (ok, her daddy does all of the work but what PWD doesn’t own everything she surveys?). LeAnne and I went there multiple times when we were waiting for the perfect days to do the breedings; we went again when we went up for the ultrasound with Colleen; and with CIndi when we were on PuppyWatch. I don’t yet have an official theme for their registered names.
The pupsters have been working on mastering thei puppy version of a rugby scrum when the MaterGator (we decided that here in WV, that pronunciation works) leaves the pool when they are awake.
Today, Caly joined in the defense of the home action against a cat going up the driveway.  Auntie Phoebe saw it and called the alert, GrammieSammie concurred and then Caly actually joined them to run outside barking!  Caly doesn’t bark at things,  She doesn’t consider it her job to defend the house but apparently puppies are another story.  (No cats were harmed in the incident, the driveway is outside the fence.)
Tonight’s weight watcher’s meeting had a puppy go over the 1 lb mark.  Cream puff (the light blue boy) is 1lb 1.3 oz. 3 more are closing in at over 15 oz.  Nobody has quite doubled their birth weight yet but that’s on the agenda.
Today’s scent of the day was grapes.  Not the good smelling fake gum grape but real grapes. We don’t have much fresh fruit in this house so I used what I could find.   Dog Cindi is supposed to bring a banana and her nosework kit tomorrow so we can use those each day as well.  Maybe I’ll do the scent of the day while they are here so they can take or eat the banana with them.  I’m certainly not going to eat it!
Toenails continue to grow and be cut or filed and their hair is starting to grow noticeably.  I forget what a wonder every little thing with them is, it just all happens so quickly.  They’ll be real little dogs before long.
I’m going to get some cuddling in before I go nighty nighty nighty.  I’m going to hope that I won’t have to be up long in the night tonight since I didn’t have to do anything but give the big dogs a midnight snack (and reach my hand over to check the puppies when Caly changed positions but that’s not waking enough to write a blog post)

No comments:

Post a Comment