Tuesday, March 27, 2018

03/27/28

The poop crisis seems to be over and tragedy averted.  I hope never to encounter white puppy poop again!  The puppies hope never to be expected to consume the ‘elemental formula’ again.
Every 4 hours, we had a battle of the wills that left all of us resembling the particpants of the food fight in Animal House (ok, I’ve never actually seen that movie but WE. WERE. STICKY!). The puppies fought me gum and claw (they don’t yet have teeth but they DO have claws, and I need to cut them.  Again) every time.  They did not want it in a syringe with the miracle nipple, they did not want it in the puppy bottle, they did not want it from a sponge.  I never realized how much 16ml was until I tried to get it into a puppy against his/her will.  I’m glad we can train big dogs in cooperative care because I wouldn’t want to live like that.
I stayed up all night last night so although I did things (separate out puppies who were resting their guts distract the big girls from me doing stuff with the puppies to which the puppies objected vociferously, I can’t remember much of it.
I carried puppies around and gave them sponge baths (they were very good for it, maybe they don’t like being covered in poop.  Yeah Right!  Although, their Daddy did NOT roll in poop (or walk in it). I cuddled puppies a lot (mostly after the sponge baths)
I waited for the vet and she came to make sure everyone was ok.  I texted her at 2 am while I was discussing the elemental fluid thing with a puppy.  House calls are REALLY convenient especially since the MSU isn’t home all of the time.
I’d better post before I fall asleep.  Puppy breath to you all.  Nighty nighty nighty

No comments:

Post a Comment