Thursday, March 29, 2018

03/29/18 Pupdate

03/29/18 Pupdate
All of the pupsters are opening their little eyes.  It’s exciting (and a little nerve wracking, as every stage of development is while I wonder if they are meeting benchmarks) as they are also becoming more mobile. The mobility isn’t really a function of the eyes opening, they are just developing on that side as well.
Shortly after Aunt Cindi arrived today, a puppy went over the wall of the pool unassisted.  I could wait no longer, eyes opened or not, I can’t lie awake at night wonder if someone is out all alone .  (In reality, I’m pretty certain that one of the ‘grownups’ would tell me but that doesn’t help my brain shut off for sleep.) After Caly fed them, we put them back in the pool. (Caly is also a little cramped in the pool these days so I let her nurse them on a fleecy mat a few of times today.  She could lie flat (with her head in my lap, of course) so it was easier for all 9 of them to eat at once.
I’m sure I’ll have to tweak it a few times (I’ve already remembered a few things) but the puppies are now out of the pool.  They have access to what will some day officially be their potty area and a big fluffy fleecy mat.  I have the short little ferret ex pen on the front and side so it’s easier for the big dogs and the humans to step in and out.. Eventually, the puppies will be able to go over that and I’ll have to put up real pen, there too.  But that’s probably a week and a half or so away.
A nice little side benefit of the new area is that I can get into the pen with them instead of just having my head and shoulders in with them.  And when I get into the pen, if they are awake,  they come swarming over me.  They know the difference between me, Nanny McPhoebe, Grammie Sammie, and the MaterGator but seem happy to greet all of us.  The grown girls all had showers today but the pupsters still seemed to recognize them.  I had to take the linens out of one of the totes and put them in it to take them into the laundry room where I could monitor them while I bathed the big dogs.  They come out of the beverage tub immediately now if they aren’t sleepy.
LeAnne posted some of the interesting numbers from the nearly 2 weeks of weight watchers meetings today so you are all caught up on that, too ;-). I guess that’s about all we have to report today, other than the ubiquitous toenail growth and clipping.
We’re going to do some more cuddling, then Puppy Yoga, and say Nighty Nighty Nighty.  Puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment