Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015 Weekend Pupdate and 11 weeks old!

Thursday, the 3 remaining pupsters (Honey, Millie/Vespu, and Atticus/Green Hornet) loaded up in Irv and took a little road trip. Another trip with no puking - yay us! They waited pretty patiently while I set up the ex pen 'yard' outside the door and put down the rugs.
They watched the world go by and played and romped together. I gave them chewies and although I gave them each one, they played chase and keep away with them in between chewing, just the usual puppy games.
LeAnne and Caly came up in the evening and the MSU went home ot take care of the big dogs who stayed home (including Mama Bela). Caly still prefers them one on one or on the other side of the fence. She will tell them to stop biting her if she absolutely has to but she prefers to retreat.
Friday morning, Cindi brought Phoebe (Pink) and Armada up. Poor Phoebe did NOT have a carsick free trip so she got a bath not long after arriving. She was MUCH more into chewing the chewies and did not appreciate the other puppies trying to play with her with them. We worked it out and she remembered how to play well with the others. Armada and Caly romped and wrestled in the RV well clear of puppy teeth.
We did not have wifi and it's difficult to type on iffen (especially with puppies to watch) so the rest of the weekend is not necessarily in the order in which it occurred.
They watch Caly be groomed with the clippers and her hair blown out. They saw me blow leaves back out of the 'yard' with the dryer and tried to catch things blowing around. They saw horses (we carried them over to get close) including a 2 week old foal (I don't know if it was colt or filly) but it did take advantage of the puppy visit to nurse. There were RVs and tractors and Gators (the vehicles not the critters) and earth moving equipment (think there was a backhoe and some others but I'm going strictly by sounds). And all kinds on dogs. They were very interested in watching things but when they were tired, they plopped over and went to sleep just like they do at home.
Part of them shared a crate since there isn't that much space in an RV for 3 people, 4 puppies and 2 dogs. I did keep Honey in her own crate since she was going home next.
Saturday, we took advantage of there being a CERF clinid nearby and I had Millie's eye rechecked to see if the retinal fold there at 8 weeks was gone yet. The ophthalmology vet at their initial appointment said that it was something puppies occasionally had and it shoud go away so I wanted to see if it was improving. It WAS improving, to the point that it is not there. So I felt very good about my decision to spend the money for that information (I like to KNOW things.) If we ever have another puppy with that, I'll have an idea about it. That's another thing that amazes be about how quickly things change in puppies. 11 weeks ago, they were pretty small little bundles without real eyes or ears and now they are mobile little buggers with a mouthful of little needle teeth who can hear me from a great distance.
Saturday evening, we shaved their little muzzles. It srtarted offf with Lenne holding and CIndi shaving but eventually I had to hold. Atticus/Green Hornet was the absolute best for it. He didn't fight or squirm or protest, just let her take all of that pesky hair , and his whiskers ;-( off. Against all odds they became even more adorable.
Sunday, it rained most of the morning. The little water dogs didn't care and they enjoyed getting wet (and dirty imo). The awning covered most of their area but they played all around. About 9am they wre settling down for a nap so I brought them into the crate while I worked on packing/cleaning things up in preparation for the trip home.
The MSU brought Bela with him and they all talked to her through the ex pen (so they couldn't nurse). She was very happy to see them and Cindi was happy to see her.
Cindi took Bela, Phoebe, Atticus and Millie home with her while we took Honey to her new people. They were in Columbus for a family event and since we were that close, they flew her home with them instead of making a separate trip to Huntington again later. She is going to live with er Aunt Cleo (Bela's littermate) and her humans ;-) It's a sad ride back without any puppies in the vehicle but we picked Millie and Atticus up on our way home. i think CIndi was as happy for me to get them as I was to get them. She kept mentioning she didn't know how I do it because 3 puppies were hard for her to keep up with at once. (My big secrets are constant vigilance and I let the other bitches help; the Mama, the aunt, and the Mama's Mama are a lot of help.)
The puppies seemed happy to be back home again and SammieDoodlebug was thrilled to see them as well as me. Jack tolerated them touching him to see me and Jill checked them out gently through the pen since she is still on light duty.
I have a lot of laundry to do from the weekend and need to finish unpacking Irv plus I am determined to do my fingernails (it's been weeks and I can't stand it any longer) in between playing with the puppies and wait for a report on Honey's flight home.
Puppy breath to all

No comments:

Post a Comment