Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 13, 2015 Pupdate

Happy Birthday to the Puppies's human Didi! And Happy Palindrome week as well. I'm not certain how to celebrate that with puppies.
The pupsters turned 10 weeks old on Monday and we took a long trip in the van. Gilligan (Buzz E) only went half way with us because he was meeting his new family and going home with them.It was a LONG trip home for me - especially since I couldn't take fudgesicles along and then there was a big delay from a tanker truck fire on the turnpike. THe pupsters handled it like troopers but there was a little puking.
Yesterday, we played outside almost all day because it was cooler (mid 70s) and breezy. There was also alot of pollen etc blowing around so I vacuumed the rubber room 3 times since I had the door open for hte dogs/puppies. When I was rinsing things off with the hose, they were playing in the water and runnning to jump on whatever I sprayed until I sprayed off the top of the ez up (which they obviously can't reach.) They were not pleased with that turn of events and gently mouthed my calf to request that I bring that water back to them.
Today, we loaded up again and drove grandma Jill to the chiro vet near Columbus. She was adjusted and had acupuncture and this time, there was a little electircal current to the acupuncture. I have gentle exercises to do for her twice a day for a couple minutes each and we are going to use the TENS unit on her each morning, too. Hopefully those things will help. She is otherwise in very good health (her senior panel came back great) so as long as we can keep her comfortable, we will work on rehab.
Puppywise, today's trip was a breakthrough. There was NO puking by ANY of the wee ones (or the big ones or humans, although I came close at one point!) Yay puppies! They played a while this morning and we let them play a little in the ex pen and on leash before starting home but they are blowing off a lot of steam in the yard as we speak. It's cool but not cold so I think I'll try to let them hang out out there most of the evening.
Hope that bodes well for the trip in Irv tomorrow. And I wonder what kind of interesting things we can find for them to see this weekend.
Their cousin Armada is coming this evening for his bath and blowout and then I need to pack some puppy stuff and stage some things to put in Irv for tomorrow. I usually pack well ahead of time but we've been burning up the roads the last few weeks and I've been busy interacting with puppies other times. And very occasionally, I rest ;-)
Since I'll probably be sidetracked later, I'm going to say nighty, nighty, nighty to all now. And send you some of the virtual remaining puppy breath ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment