Saturday, May 9, 2015

May 8, 2015 Pupdate

Have I mentioned how utterly adorable thee puppies are? Theree's no way I could have sufficiently conveyed that so I will tkae this opportunity to gush some more.
I was tired last night (I stayed up too late trying to research Jill's ruptured attachment of her rectus abdominus the night before and didn't get a nap) so I put the puppies to bed early (9:45pm) figuring since they were napping anyway and I'm sleeping out here while the MSU was gone, I'd hear them if they needed out in the night. Just in case, I set an alram for 1am. The sweet little monsters were quiet until 1 and weren't making a peep then either so I just went back to sleep. I woke up at 6:15 when Bela decided it was time to go out and bark at invaders (probablly geese but maybe turkeys or other birds. There are an awful lot of them around these days.)
It was very warm again today so I got the hose out mid morning. Gilligan LOVES the hose and comes running to play in it. He almost immediately gets soaked (his choice, I do move it away a little just in case he doesn't mean to be directly in it) by sticking his face in the stream, getting a little drink, pawing at the stream or water on the deck/in the pool. Just generally having a good time. The other puppies then notice what is happening and come to play with him (lick his wet face/hair, give his tail a little chew, etc.) before they start playing in the water.
We came inside a little earlier because it was so hot so they played in the inside pen and then had a little nap. I had a nap planned but don't knwo what all I did instead.
This evening, the vet came to do their health certificates for traveling. It's a little odd havign them completed whenthey are just riding around with us (it is apparently geared toward shipping puppies which I do NOT do) so it's little hard to figure out what address to put on the ones that are going for a ride and then coming back with me.
She called to tell me she was on her way so I could open the gate and I thought she was closer than she apparently was so I took one of hte puppies out to hang with me while we waited for her. We walked around and pottied and recalled and had cheese and practiced name recognition. When she arrived, his temperature was on the high end of normal. He's been feelign fine but, I am a worrier so I rbought him in the a/c and he got a big drink, too. We re-checked his temperature after we did everyone else and he was normal again, too. Next time, I'll wait. The puppies were all very happy to see her, greeting with wags and kisses. But, alas, she has met them before so she doesn't go on the list again.
I didn't get this posted last night because when I brought them in for the evening, I went to refill the water bottle and there was water spraying everywhere from the washer hose. Fortunlately, it was a small leak so the laundry room wasn't flooded but there was water all over the bottom of the cabinets, down the walls, in the laundry sink (that part wasn't too big a deal) and on the floor. And the washer was full of laundry and water. There may be some water under it but we'll have to drain it the washer before I can get to it. THANK GOODNESS for a shutoff on the water at the hoses. And thank goodnness it was just the hose leaking. But the MSU will need to get new hose and change it out today because puppies=laundry.
Hope you all had a good nighty, nighty, nighty...

No comments:

Post a Comment