Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 28, 2014 Pupdate

I’ve had a busy (and somewhat productive day today.)  I slept better last night since I set up the dog bed couches on the floor beside the whelping box so I could check the puppies without getting up.  And I was wedged in between Jill and the whelping pool so I couldn’t fall (not that there would’ve been far to fall.)  I REALLY need to get the bench/bed made so I can do this more comfortably next time.  It seemed like almost 2 years in between litters would’ve been enough but alas…

               For the first time, I got to register a litter online.  So I didn’t have to type up all of the information as it would appear on the form and have someone else fill it in.  Now I have to work hard on settling on a theme.  Since they were born on 7/21/14, I am thinking of either using something about the lucky numbers or moonwalk related.  I have a while to decide yet.

               Our weight watchers meeting was interesting .  They were a little squirmy but the bigger scale announced weights for each one.  All of the puppies have  doubled their birth weights and cumulatively are closing in on my birth weight.

               They (and SammieDoodlebug) were more cooperative at puppy yoga.  It seems to go so quickly with half the puppies as last time.  I’m not sure which I like better but since I can’t control it, it really doesn’t matter which I like.

               The puppies are already quite vocal and they aren’t squalling noises either.  One of them was making haunted house/scary ghost noises today.  It was really cute.  They are also holding their tails up and occasionally even wagging them while they nurse.  As you might expect, that is very cute as well.  So far, they haven’t done anything that isn’t absolutely adorable ;-)

               The MamaBug still spends more time inside the pool than out but she is getting out, getting a cuddle and occasionally even lying down.  Still, if (ok when) I cuddled the puppies, she comes to check on us pretty quickly and gets them all riled up.  They seem to like being cuddled now, if they aren’t trying to get over to the bar.

               I’m hoping for some warmer weather and sunshine tomorrow.  I don’t think the puppies have an opinion about the weather yet ;-)  It’s about time for puppy yoga and nighty nighty nighty.  Puppy breath dreams to you…

No comments:

Post a Comment